Saibaba first made his appearance in Shirdi as a youth and remained there throughout his long life. He transformed the lives of those who met him and continuously is doing so even after his Samadhi in 1918. This is the main Saibaba temple and you must visit it once in lifetime. Shri Saibaba Sansthan Trust, Shirdi, is the Governing and Administrative body of Shri Saibaba’s Samadhi Temple and all others temples in this premises, and devoted towards development of Shirdi village.
- The shrine (Samadhi Mandir) which houses Baba’s tomb was originally constructed as a wada (large private house).
- The shrine was built by a wealthy devotee from Nagpur, Gopalrao Booty.
- The work was begun around 1915.
- It was built in stone and was therefore known as dagadi (stone) wada.
- On 15 October 1918 Baba took Mahasamadhi. It was holy day of Vijayadasami and also happened to be the Muslim month of Ramzan.
- His last words were ,”I am not feeling well in the masjid. Carry me to the dagadi wada“. Baba was indeed carried to the wada, and was buried in the place where the image of Murlidhar was to have been placed.
- Photograph of Sai Baba was placed on a throne on the platform of the tomb. It remained there until the statue was installed in 1954.
- The statue was installed on 7 October 1954, on Vijayadasami day.
- The Mandir that you see now is about twice the size of the original building.
Shirdi Temple Address
Shri. Saibaba Sansthan Trust,
Landmark / Near by bus stop: N/A.
Google maps links: N/A.
Shirdi Templ Temple Aarti Timings
Shirdi Saibaba Templ offers aarti (also spelled arathi or aarthi) or puja four times a day as follows:
- Kakad Arti 4:30AM
- Midday Arti 12:00 (Noon)
- Dhoop Arti at sunset time
- Shej (night) Arti 10:30 PM
- Visiting time: 4AM to 11:15pm.
- Is camera and photography allowed inside the template?: No
- Contact Person: N/A
- Phone: +91-2423-258500
- Mobile: N/A
- FAX: office +91-2423-258870 & P.R.O, Office +91-2423- 258770.
- Website: https://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/ (report broken url)